about our program
To provide continuing education for practicing movement teachers. Curriculum includes:
- Introduction to Posture
- Intermediate and advanced exercises with modifications for special populations
- Introduction to Props
- Practice teaching
Completion of this training program is a prerequisite to Tone’s Equipment Teacher Training program.
Completion of Mat Teacher Training Level One plus a minimum of 15 hours teaching.
The required books cost approximately $140 and are not included in program cost.
- The Mat Manual by BBU
- Pilates Anatomy by Isacowitz & Clippinger
- Return to Life by Joseph Pilates
- Ellie Herman’s Pilates Props Workbook
- Trail Guide to Movement by Andrew Biel
- New Rules of Posture by Mary Bonds
- Additional handouts and links will be sent along the way
- 26 hours of instruction. See schedule inside for dates and times.
- Personal practice log/journal
- Observation of 5 mat classes and attendance at 5 mat classes. Completion of a written evaluation for (Due on December 20, 2016—no exceptions)
- Completion of final exam
CLASSES MEET ONCE PER WEEK:
Sundays 9:00am–12:00pm & 1:00pm – 4:00pm
First class: Sunday, October 30*
Final class: Sunday, November 20
|WEEK||DATE||TOPIC OF STUDY||INSTRUCTOR|
|1||October 30||Intermediate/Advanced Exercises||Enrica|
|2||November 6||Posture & Anatomy 102||Monica|
|3||November 13||Introduction to Props & Practice Teaching||Enrica|
|November 16 **||Deep Dive Into Being a Teacher||Monica|
|4||November 20||Conclusion & Practice Teaching||Enrica|
* The first homework assignment will be sent to you upon acceptance of your application; additional assignments will be sent through our course-dedicated website each week.
**This special Wednesday session with Monica will be from 6:30pm – 8:30pm
Please make every effort to attend each session. One absence is allowed and can be made up by writing a 3-page essay on the topic of the day. The essay will be assigned and reviewed by Katherine and must be completed within the same week as the missing class.
Two or more absences will result in automatic removal from the program.
|CATEGORY||PRICE||MUST BE PAID BY:|
|Early Bird (enCore)||$634||August 31, 2016|
|Early Bird (standard)||$670||August 31, 2016|
|enCore member||$684||October 15, 2016|
|Standard||$720||October 15, 2016|
Program costs are non-refundable and do not include cost of required class observation and attendance.
meet our program instructors
how we’re different
Our Mat Teacher Training program is wonderful. We’re different from the rest. Here’s how:
We provide a working studio for students to learn and observe.
Oftentimes, someone who is taking a teacher training program must go request observation hours at other studios. We don’t have that obstacle here at Tone. Additionally, Tone offers
a widely varied staff and schedule, so the classes and teaching skills observed are very unique.
Our program teachers are Pilates professionals who dedicate their time to the profession—not folks who are in it for a few hours per week.
We love to create a true community feel amongst the students of the course. In yoga, this is called sangha.
We frequently hire FROM our program. Completing our program is not a guarantee that you will gain a position at Tone, but it’s certainly a foot in the door!
Click here to email us any questions about the program