- Graduated from a 200-hour program outside of Tone?
- Ready to base your Group Yoga Classes on Patanjali’s Sutras?
- Ready to explore tools to teach yoga one on one?
- Ready to practice (continue practicing) self care and teach from fullness?
- Ready to “live” yoga or realize you are living the discipline of yoga?
This yoga lineage of Krishnamacharya and Desikachar is steeped with transformational tools that were relevant in ancient times and are relevant today—especially for us today. This program takes the 200-hour studies and goes levels deeper: including your personal practice, identifying current tools as hidden ancient tools to be uncovered, revealing the relevance of yoga in our culture and how to make it digestible in a changing world.
This YTT refresher will skim all the tools we used in the 200-hour, as the 300-hour will be based on the knowledge and practice that were discovered in the 200-hour:
- All under the umbrella of Patanjali’s Sutra
- Samkhya philosophy
- Our teachers, Krishnamacharya and Desikachar
- Prana, Agni, Mala model
- 7 Yajna Model
- Historical context (Vedas, Upanisads…)
- Asana: how to traditionally prepare practices
- 5 Maya Model
- Basic Ayurveda
- Pranayama: how to traditionally prepare practices
- The steps of “meditation”
- Limbs of Yoga
- Kriya Yoga
DATE: January 14 & 15, 2017
1–3pm (Sutras: open to the public)
NOTE: If you took your YTT 200 from another studio, this prep course is a prerequisite for Tone’s YTT 300