- This event has passed.
Continuing Education for Yoga Teachers & Practitioners
May 16, 2015 @ 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm
(Practicing Yogis are welcome to join as well!)
Pose of the Month – setu bandha sarvangasana
How to build a sequence using setu bandha sarvangasana as a crown pose
- Special Population needs: How to use props and modify for folks with osteoporosis or knee and/or hip replacments…
- Incorporating pranayama (inhales & exhales) and other yoga tools
- Classical sequence considerations: Discussion of orientations, counter-poses, anatomical considerations…
All wrapped in the Yoga Sutra Study, Sanskrit and Chanting
Leave the workshop with:
- Copies of the practices reviewed
- Sutra worksheet
- Reading assignments to inspire
- Next pose of the month
IMPORTANT NOTE: This class is a MUST for asana teachers whose students have osteoporosis or osteopenia.
Submit your sequence to email@example.com by Wednesday, May 13. First 3 submissions will be reviewed in class.
Date: Saturday, May 16
Time: 1:30pm to 3:30pm