- This event has passed.
Yoga Alliance Certified Teacher Training Program 2014/2015
October 29, 2014 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
“Breath is central to yoga because it is central to life . . . and yoga is about life.” – T. Krishnamacharya
Start where you are! This yoga program is for anyone interested in teaching yoga or deepening their practice. Yoga has historically been passed down one on one from teacher to student with a clear lineage back to an original teacher. This yoga program provides you with a direct lineage back to T. Krishnamacharya – the founder of Western Yoga.
Heart of Yoga – T.K.V. Desikachar
The Heart of Asana – Kastub Desikachar
Patanjali’s Sutras – T.K.V. Desikachar
Bhagavad Gita – Stephen Mitchell
Handouts given en route
Course Requirements to meet Yoga Alliance specifications
- Techniques Training/Practice – 100 hours
- Teaching Methodology – 25 hours
- Anatomy and Physiology – 20 hours
- Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics for Yoga Teachers – 30 hours
- Practicum – 10 hours
- Electives – 15 hours
- TOTAL HOURS – 200 hours
- $2950 regular / $2850 enCore pricing. This must be paid in full by October 15, 2014 and is non-refundable.
- Super Early Bird Discount – $2750 regular / $2650 enCore pricing. This must be paid in full by August 31, 2014 and is non-refundable. Register now
- Early Bird Discount – $2850 regular / $2750 enCore pricing. This must be paid in full by September 30, 2014 and is non-refundable.
- Payment Plan Available – please contact the front desk for a credit card AutoPay agreement
- $3150 – $1050 due October 31, 2014, $1050 due November 30, 2014, $1050 due January 31, 2014.
Yoga is based on Patanjali’s Sutras, the authoritative source of all yoga texts. There is a popular saying “what is not mentioned in the yoga sutra-s is either not yoga, or probably not important at all”. This course will be based on the sutras with Sri Krishnamacharya’s fundamental principle, that yoga must always be adapted to an individual’s changing needs in order to derive the maximum therapeutic benefit. …and his son, Sri Desikachar’s statement “start where you are”. The sutra translations we will be using is that of TKV Desikachar. The strength and heart of this course is based on this lineage–passed down from father to son and beyond.
If you are a serious student of yoga and are looking to dive deeper; If you are a beginning student of yoga and are hungry for more; If you are a seasoned yogin and are looking to teach; If you are any or all of these, this course will offer you the experience of yoga from the ancient traditions and applying this timeless practice to present life – tools for the beginner, the seasoned, and the seeker. The intent of these tools is health, mental clarity, spiritual growth, and sustained joy for the individual. Wow!
Sutras, Asana, Pranayama, Mantra, Meditation, western and eastern comparisons of anatomy, lifestyle explorations for the yogin and the teacher are among the topics that will be experienced.
To know yoga is to experience yoga with a teacher, a sangha (community), and a personal practice. All three of these will be utilized in this 200 hour intense study.
Dates and Times:
- The certification will begin on October 29, 2014 and go thru April 19, 2014. This is a 7 month program. Dates:
- October 29, November 1, 2, 2014
- November 5, 8, 9, 2014
- November 12, 15, 16, 2014
- December 3, 6, 7, 2014
- December 10, 13, 14, 2014
- December 17, 20, 21, 2014
- January 7, 10, 11, 2014
- January 14, 17, 18, 2015
- January 21, 24, 25, 2015
- February 4, 7, 8, 2015
- February 18, 21, 22, 2015
- March 4, 7, 8, 2015
- March 18, 21, 22, 2015
- April 8, 11, 12, 2015
- April 15, 18, 19, 2015
- Instruction hours and typical class format are:
- Wednesdays 7 – 9pm – Homework turn-in and discussion of questions
- 10am – 12:30pm – Curriculum
- 1:30pm – 4:00pm – Practice and discussion of Practice
- 4:00pm – 5:00pm – Curriculum
- 12pm – 1:00pm – Sutras
- 1:15pm – 4pm – Curriculum
More information is available on a handout that you can pick up at the studio. Please email Alyson Dobbert, Tone’s Studio Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mastery of yoga is really measured by how it influences our day-to-day living, how it enhances our relationships, how it promotes clarity and peace of mind. – T.K.V. Desikachar