Tone workshops are much more than just Teacher Training. We also have nutritional workshops – like Ayurvedic Cooking classes as well as purification programs.
And coming soon, yoga workshops that will be good for both teachers and clients!
Pilates Mat Teacher Training – Spring 2013
Objective: Upon completion of the 36 hour instructional course, the participants will be competent to teach a fundamentals and beginning mat class of 12 persons or less where each participant will have a positive movement experience based on the works of Joseph Pilates. Highlights of this workshop include:
• Participation in the Breath workshop led by Monica Anderson
• Participation in Anatomy of the Core using Clay led by Monica Anderson
• Learning modifications of basic mat exercises for osteoporosis and general low back pain
• Opportunities to practice teaching
The primary instructors of this training program are Monica Anderson, certified by the Pilates Method Alliance and Studio Director at Tone and Katherine Dowdney, certified by Pilates Method Alliance, Balanced Body University and Peak Pilates. Completion of this training program is a prerequisite to Tone’s Mat Teacher Training – Level 2 and Tone’s Equipment Training program.
Prerequisites: Participation in 20 mat classes (minimum of 10 at Tone) and a completed application. An interview might be requested.
• 36 hours of instruction. Instruction is on Saturdays and Sundays from 1 to 4pm
• Observe 10 mat classes and attend 5 mat classes. A written evaluation will be completed on each class. Purchase of classes are not included in the Training cost listed below.
• Practice teaching sessions are included in the curriculum.
• Written take-home exam will be due on the last session
Course Dates and Content – Instruction hours are Saturdays and Sundays from 1 to 4pm
• Weekend #1: February 23-24 Principles of Pilates & Intro to Pre-Pilates, Anatomy of Movement 101 led by Katherine Dowdney.
• Weekend #2: March 2-3 Breath workshop & Anatomy of the Core with Clay led by Monica Anderson. These courses will be offered to the public as well, space permitting.
• Weekend #3: March 9-10 Pre-Pilates/Beginning Exercises and Practice Teaching.
Break includes Easter and spring break. This will be a great time for you to focus on practice teaching pre-Pilates.
• Weekend #4: April 6-7 Original Repertoire and Practice Teaching led by Katherine Dowdney.
• Weekend #5: April 13-14 Osteoporosis and General Low Back Pain with Practice Teaching led by Katherine Dowdney.
• Weekend #6: April 20-21 Elements of Teaching, Class design/theme, The Art of Cueing, (Fuzzies) led by Katherine Dowdney and Monica Anderson.
A homework list will be sent to you upon acceptance of your application.
• $1080 – does not include cost of class observations and attendance. This price assumes you already have a class package at Tone. This must be paid in full by February 20, 2013 and is non-refundable.
• enCore Pricing – $972 if paid by January 15, 2013 and is non-refundable.
For complete information on this program, please come by the studio to pick up a information sheet and application or email Katherine Dowdney at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will email you the information.