“Last month we talked about weight loss as a detoxing–removing toxins or undigested material from our being. The small sustainable step was drinking a bit of warm water every hour. This small step was successful in filling my belly so I was not so hungry and increasing my trips to the bathroom each day. One of the positive consequences of drinking the hot water was also to lessen my cold symptoms intensity. The warm water felt so nice on my sore throat and continually washed the germs from my nose and mouth to my digestive system where the gastric juices took care of those nasty germs. How did you do?”
This month I’m suggesting that we all give up one canned soda a week. If you drink a soda with lunch every day, just replace one lunch soda with a glass of water, a glass of tea, or even a glass of lemonade (squeezed lemon with stevia). Giving up one soda this week and two sodas the next week–with the goal of replacing soda with water.
Here are a few great reasons why to give up sodas:
1) Most sodas are a combination of sugar, chemicals, and caffeine. The sugar and caffeine are especially dangerous because this combination spells addiction. Neither children nor adults are safe from this addiction that can last a lifetime. We are still discovering the negative effects of the chemical additives.
2) Sodas have no nutritional value. Let me repeat, sodas have no nutritional value. They contribute to diabetes, tooth decay, weight gain, bone loss.
3) There have been studies that giving up one soda a day can result up to 20 pounds of weight loss in six months (based on a person who weighs 140 pounds).
4) The carbonation, the bubbles, are thought to bind to fat cells. This can slow down fat loss. The bubbles also bloat the digestive system that thereby slows down digestion. This is not good for weight loss.
5) If you don’t buy sodas and drink water, you can possibly save money.
As I said last month, “I will take it a day at a time. Healing and sustainable changes are more effective at the speed of nature. I am nature and I want to heal and stay healthy.” Here is just another step.”